I’m making pretty good progress on this shawl. I think I’m just so excited to be working on something smaller than an afghan that I don’t want to put it own until it’s done and then move on to something else. Also, this pattern is pretty simple, the only thing I’m not particularly excited about is weaving in all those ends. I feel about that about the same as I feel about seams. It’s a chore, but I guess there’s not avoiding it, if I want to actually finish it.
So you know how I said I wasn’t going to buy more yarn until I got through more of my stash? Well, that didn’t happen…
But I promise it’s for a good reason!! I went to the fabric store with my sister and was flipping through Knitscene’s Accessories 2015, while she flipped through pattern books and stumbled across the Grace Clutch, and we both thought it was adorable and so I asked her if that’s what she wants for Xmas, and she said yeah, so obviously I had to buy the yarn for it.
See? It’s just too adorable to pass up.
As for the other recent additions to my Ravelry queue, I’ve been suddenly swept by the mood to crochet. (Yes, I do sometimes crochet, although it’s been years, so I may have forgotten.) So I stumbled across these patterns….
Triple Luxe Cowl
Summer Marsala Tunic
I couldn’t really resist that tartan wrap, I am just obsessed with tartan. Maybe a little too much.
I just want to start out by admitting I have a really hard time remembering how to spell queue. So much for that Literature degree, yeah?
Anyway, I thought I’d share some of the recent adds to my ever-growing Ravelry queue (as if I’ll ever have enough time to knit all of it, but a girl can dream, can’t she?), since I’m still working on the same project as last time.
- Something Lovely I really really love this pattern, and all the different ways it looks like it can be worn, plus I have some Cascade Ecological Wool in Natural that has been sitting in my stash for quite a while. Hey! I can’t actually make a dent in the stash! Cra-azy.
- Gradient Mitts I don’t know if I’ll ever actually purchase the kit to make these, but I just think they are so absolutely beautiful, and I love that whole ombre look. Plus I think I was just drawn to them because they used one of my favorite color groups for the sample.
- Princess Franklin I am absolutely obsessed with Tartan right now (which may or may not be because of Outlander…), and the Tartan Lula Hoop from Wool and the Gang, but it’s a bit rich for my blood. And since I don’t really know what I’m doing with color work…I’m thinking to try my hand at this pattern would be a close second, and would probably end up being more comfortable anyway. The WATG one looks so bulky, which is really nice to look at, not always nice to wear.
- Serpentine Hat I A) love the color they used, and B) am in love with anything that looks sort of vintage 20’s era-inspired/art nouveau. The detail on the side just gives it that little something special.
- Kennedy Sweater For when I feel up to another sweater, which may not be for a while, still I think this one looks lovely. I’ve always liked cable sweaters, but for some reason I think I only have one. Someday it will be time for more.
Anything new in your queue?